With "The Versatile Blogger Award!"
Lisa notified me that she tagged me with this award! It was very nice of you. Thanks for thinking of me!!
The rules:*Thank the person who gave you the award.
*Tell seven things about myself you might not know.
*Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
*Let your nominees know about the award
7 Things About Me!
1. I am learning to embrace my femininity, but have never been much of a "girly girl." In High School, I even shopped in the Men's Department to buy some of my clothes. I did not like all of the "girly" and "frilly" things many of the department stores sold in the teen section and the women's clothes always looked "old." I still have a pair of Old Navy men's jeans that I wear when I paint.
2. I do not own a single item of clothing that is pink. In fact, I loathed the color pink for a very long time, which is probably why I was blessed with a beautiful daughter, who LOVES PINK!!! I have come to accept that pink does have a place.
3. When my soon to be mother-in-law asked me if I had a trousseau, I had to ask my mom to explain what that even was. I mean really, I was going to spend my teenage years getting everything ready for someday when I might meet someone, and we might get married??? It couldn't have been further from my mind!
5. I don't usually make very good first impressions. I am sort of reserved and don't open up to people I don't know. So, most people either think I am shy and boring or stuck-up. When people get to know me, however, they realize I am neither.
6. I only eat white meats; I don't eat RED meat, and haven't since Middle School. No hamburger, pork chops, sausage, bacon, or ham, etc. I had a bad experience with some hamburger meat when I was younger, and now I get sick when I eat any red meat. I will eat chicken, turkey, and some fish. Best of all, I don't feel like I am missing anything!
7. I secretly wish I was an amazing painter! I love having real art, not just cheap stuff hanging in my home.
Even though I have collected a few paintings (from people who really know how to paint), I wish that I could afford more. I wouldn't want to be a famous painter, just to paint well enough that I could furnish my home in style.
15 Newly Discovered Blogs
I don't know about "newly discovered," but here are 15 crafty blogs you might enjoy, in no particular order.
3. Omi Creates
8. Clever Girl
9. Design Mom
10. Forty-Two Roads
11. Thimbly Things
12. How About Orange
13. Mommy Blessings
14. Skip to My Lou