April 30, 2010

20 Yards!!!


I volunteered to make table runners for my neighbor, who's son is getting married today. So, after I finished all of my scripture covers and totes, I spent most of my time yesterday making royal blue table runners for the family dinner they held last night. I know, I was cutting it kind of close with a same day cut, sew, iron, and deliver. I had to convince my neighbor to let me help first, then she informed me they would be serving about 120 guests. Wow! That's a family dinner.

After some calculations, I figured out about how much yardage I needed. Then, I ran to a couple of fabric stores to get it. I ended up with a total of 20 yards! Now that may seem like a lot, and it is, but it was the perfect amount for 14 round tables and about 5 rectangular tables. I used a 100% polyester, washable fabric. I serged the edges, then ran them through my regular machine. Even on a longer stitch length, I went through a few spools of thread.




Maybe this doesn't appear super exciting, but it is an accomplishment nonetheless!




Following my sew-a-thon of sitting at my sewing table for many hours,

I have concluded I could really use a more comfortable chair!

No comments: