You haven't heard much from me lately because I have been assisting other people with their projects, taking care of a sick child, then resting a lot on the couch because I also got sick.
Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who takes good care of me. Without me even asking him to, he went and took pictures of this project, so I would have something to post!!
Here's an overdue post!
A while ago, I found this dress at a thrift store. I believe it was probably some one's high school formal.
Hopefully, I am not offending anyone by saying that I find the dress rather plain despite the fabric's potential, and I don't think the beadwork is helping it.
Here is a shot of the back.
At any rate, I saw some raw potential in this dress and decided to transform it.
I sewed the two arm straps together from the previous dress to make a headband.
I only used fabric from the previous dress and even re-used the zipper.
I purchased the shirt, and embellished the ruffles.
Although I don't think it takes much, it appears the new outfit even has the power to make her want to dance, "I'm a little teapot!"