September 27, 2010

High School Prom Dress Turned Tea Party Skirt


You haven't heard much from me lately because I have been assisting other people with their projects, taking care of a sick child, then resting a lot on the couch because I also got sick.

Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who takes good care of me. Without me even asking him to, he went and took pictures of this project, so I would have something to post!!

Here's an overdue post!

A while ago, I found this dress at a thrift store. I believe it was probably some one's high school formal.




Hopefully, I am not offending anyone by saying that I find the dress rather plain despite the fabric's potential, and I don't think the beadwork is helping it.




Here is a shot of the back.



At any rate, I saw some raw potential in this dress and decided to transform it.


I transformed the dress into this...



Note the braided chiffon on the bottom edge of the waistband.



A skirt fit for a tea party!
  

I sewed the two arm straps together from the previous dress to make a headband.



I only used fabric from the previous dress and even re-used the zipper.


I purchased the shirt, and embellished the ruffles.



Although I don't think it takes much, it appears the new outfit even has the power to make her want to dance, "I'm a little teapot!"



No comments: