January 7, 2011

I work well under PRESSURE!!!


I volunteered to make a couple bridesmaids dresses for my neighbor's daughter's wedding.

I made pretty slow progress with the chaos of life and babysitting my handsome nephew.

D-Day (a.k.a. Wedding Day) is today!

Because of scheduling conflicts and such, 
the bridesmaids weren't able to try on the dresses until late this week.

I have spent the last couple of days frantically altering the dresses to fit right and finished them just in the nick of time. Meaning, I finished the dresses around 12:30 this afternoon.

I do work well under pressure, but I wouldn't say I enjoy it. Instead I enter a survival mode that consists of ignoring a lot of things like mopping my floor, putting away the rest of the Christmas decorations, and decorating the house for my daughter's Birthday. I know my family senses the tension I feel when it gets down to the wire and I am burning the candle at both ends. Thank you for being so understanding and forgiving me. Hopefully, I can redeem myself by throwing a nice Birthday Party for my 6 year old this weekend. 

Here is a picture of one of the dresses

By request, I used the Simplicity Pattern 3878 - Jessica McClintock Collection

The experience, however, quickly reminded me of why I don't like or use clothing patterns.
No one ever fits the pattern exactly and
the sizes are numbered to make a regular size zero girl feel obese!

Why do patternmakers do that?

Anyway, here are some close-ups...



Unlike the pattern, this bride wanted the netting under the skirt.



I also added sleeves!
The bridesmaids were so excited to be able to wear a regular bra!!



No comments: