June 14, 2010

Anticipating Another Nephew


My brother/sister-in-law are expecting a baby boy in about a month.
My sister-in-law, Eva, made a very cute "Little Bunny Foo Foo" themed quilt for the baby and even handstitched the song and characters onto the quilt.

For Eva's baby shower, I decided it would be nice to give her the rest of the coordinating items.
My mother-in-law is making the crib bumpers and my sister-in-law, Bethany, made a diaper bag.

I made a pleated bed skirt with fabric that matches the quilt.
Originally, I was going to applique a bunny hopping across the bottom.
But, my brother-in-law, Deven said he wanted more of a forest theme, not bunnies.
So, I appliqued two trees to the front of the skirt instead to match the trees on the quilt.



Then, I sewed up a few other items...



This week, my sister, Tressa, just announced she and her husband are expecting a baby at the end of December. We can't wait to find out what it is and get sewing!

No comments: