February 5, 2010

Valentine Wreath

Now that it is February, I think it should look more like February around my house. I have a Winter Wreath and a Spring Wreath, but neither one seem quite right for this time of year.

So, here is my thought process....

Beloved, Krista made this adorable tutu for our prima ballerina for her birthday.




In case you are wondering, no, I didn't pose her, and yes, she does this all day!

I took the design concept from the tutu and combined it with design elements from
a project I made for my mother when I was in the 6th grade to make my own creation.
Using two wire hangers, and some leftover tulle and ribbon...
and I made a Valentine Themed Wreath!



I took the hangers apart and bent them into a heart shape using needle-nose pliers.
Then, I tied alternating colors of tulle and ribbon around the wire.



Ta-Dah!



Extremely easy to make...



and I think it's cute!





When my husband came home, he looked at the wreath and said, "Wow, I am surprised! You have a strange talent for bending hangers (see the fairy wings here)." I must admit I have had a lot of practice growing up with 3 sisters and 4 brothers and one bathroom. You have to know how to get the door unlocked!

No comments: